Yes, for dinner tonight our teenagers prepared stuffed bell peppers. Instead of rice, they used bulgur as it works better and has a nicer texture. No meat involved in making of these either, so these suitable for vegetarians. If you want vegan, leave the mozzarella out.
- 200 g bulgur cooked in chicken stock.
- 200 g fried mushrooms
- one fried courgette
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- chili powder
- Salt & black pepper, QB = as much as needed.
- 4 bell peppers, halved & pre-cooked in the oven for 15 minutes in 180 degree Celsius
- 2-3 mozzarella cheese, which you will divide over the stuffed peppers
Alternatively, you can stuff bell peppers with couscous, anchovies, capers, cherry tomatoes, EVOO, garlic and s&p. I prepared them like this in June 2014, and they were very tasty. I suppose you could even stuff them with lentil stew or with anything, really!
#teenagers as #kitchenslaves