My improvised stew dinner was just what the doctor ordered!
You need will need....
- extra virgin olive oil, 5 tbsp
- minced chilies, as much as needed
- freshly crushed black peppercorns, about 1 tsp
- crushed garlic, 2 pcs
- grated turmeric, a piece size of a little finger
- chopped carrots, 3 pcs
- chopped parsley root, 4 pcs
- finely chopped onion, 2 pcs
- finely chopped celery stalks, 3 pcs
- lamb meat cut in 1,5-2 cm cubes, 600g
- halved champion mushrooms, 15 pcs
- green lentils, 1 dl
- chopped waxy potatoes, 2 pcs
- crushed tomatoes, 2 dl
- frozen leaf spinach, 80 g
- bay leaves, 2 pcs
- oregano, 1 tp
- scallions, 3 pcs
- salt as little as possible (low salt diet)
- porter beer, 0.33 l
- black rice, 300 g
Served with black rice.
First you stir-fry the ingrediencies listed in the 1st batch until the meat and mushrooms starts to take colour. Then you add into the pot the ingrediencies listed in the 2nd batch and let simmer for at least 30 minutes if not longer. Meanwhile the stew is simmering, cook black rice. Serve piping hot!