Yesterday we ate already at 18:30 (normally we eat at 20:00), because we watched the long-awaited fourth Matrix film (2 HR 27 MIN) starring Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss on HBO Max. As we had also a friend visiting, I decided to make a quick and easy salmon saffron soup, so I would have time to catch up. All the ingredients can be prepared in advance, and then just rustle up the soup 20 minutes before you want to serve it.
- Salmon fillet, 1.4 kg (cut into cubes or similar)
- Fennel bulbs, 2 pcs (sliced)
- Small onions, 3 pcs (finely chopped)
- Celery stalks, 2 pcs (sliced)
- Garlic gloves, 2 pcs
- Large carrots, 0.5 kg (cubes)
- Potatoes, 1.4 kg (cubes, use a waxy variety that is suited for boiling)
- Scallions, 6 pcs (finely chopped)
- Parsley, 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Warm water, 3 litres (boiled in kettle)
- Urtekram vegetable broth cubes, 2 pcs
- Salt, as much as needed
- White pepper, 3 tsp (freshly cracked)
- Saffron, as much as needed
- Extra virgin olive oil, plenty
- Sautee in evoo fennel, onions, garlic, white pepper, saffron, carrots and potatoes for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in water, broth cubes and bring to boil.
- Cover with lid and simmer until potatoes are almost cooked through.
- Now add in salmon, scallions and parsley and bring to boil. Simmer until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with challah or sourdough wheat bread.
|I finished the soup with a dollop of aioli.|